I will help you find the best camcorder for YouTube today! There are so many benefits of a digital camcorder. Many people like the out of box ease of use. You don’t have to buy accessories. It is easy to use and hold right from the beginning.
I recommend Amazon for all of your YouTube equipment because it will save you a lot of money. For your convenience I have added the estimated Amazon price and all products are organized from the highest price to the lowest price.
This is a professional camcorder. For most Youtubers this might to be too much, but it is worth it. This camcorder is great for event coverage, wedding videography, independent and documentary filmmaking, and more.
- Genuine Canon 20x High Definition Optical Zoom Lens
- New, Advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with Improved Low-light performance
- Full HD 1920×1080 Recording Capabilities
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Technology with FTP Transfer Capability
- Superb Image Reproduction
This is not your typical camcorder. If you are a 4K lover, then you will love this camcorder. You will be able to get the finest details in 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution. The 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor is 8x larger than that of your average camcorder.
- Capture 4k/30p video that far exceeds HD resolution
- 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor with Direct Pixel Read Out
- 14MP resolution video and 20MP still image capture
- 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom
- High Speed 120 fps Recording
This is an awesome camcorder for those who want a camcorder for under 1000 dollars. This camcorder shoots in 1920 x 1080p Full HD video at 60 fps in either AVCHD or web-friendly MP4 format. This is one of my favorite camcorders on this list, but the price might be too much for some.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Recording at 60 fps
- Canon 2.91MP 1/2.84″ HD CMOS Pro Sensor
- Canon 20x HD Video Lens (3.67 – 73.4mm)
- Record MP4 (35 Mbps) or AVCHD (28 Mbps)
- 8-Blade Circular Aperture and Manual Focus Ring delivers exceptional image quality with smooth backgrounds and precise control.
This is a great light camcorder for Panasonic fans. This features a second sub camera that rotates. The twin camera design will not disappoint. The main camera can be used to lock in on one object and the other camera can lock in on another angle. You will get the best of both worlds. This has great reviews on Amazon as well. If this is in your price range, then this would be a great pick up for you.
- Crystal Engine Pro+
- Intelligent 50x Zoom / Optical 20x Zoom
- Capture two Camera Angles at Once
- 6.03 Megapixel MOS Main Sensor
- 3.8MP Sub Camera on Flip-Out LCD
- Super clear audio from wind shielded microphone
Even in 2016 this is the camcorder I recommend to most people. Many Youtubers are using this camcorder. It offers stunning video quality and the price is in most people’s budgets. Whatever videos you want to do whether pranks, skits, home videos, etc. This will get the job done.
- 20% improved low-light performance.
- Up to 12 hours of HD recording to 32GB internal memory.
- Cinama-Look Filter with 9 built-in filters.
- 0.24″ Color Electronic Viewfinder
- Capture Full HD 1920 x 1080p Video
- Canon 2.37 Megapixel HD CMOS Pro Sensor
Were you interested in buying a camcorder with twin cameras just like the one above, but it was too expensive? This is another camcorder with a twin camera design, but with a cheaper price. This is a great product for novices and it performs exceptionally well in low light situations.
- Record Full HD Video and 24MP Stills
- 1/2.3″ Back-Illuminated MOS Sensor
- 20x Optical Zoom / 50x Intelligent Zoom
- HYBRID OIS 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 1080p Slow Motion Video up to 120 fps
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video Recording
- Twin Cam with Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
This a great camera for YouTube videos. You get more than you would expect for the price. The zoom feature is amazing. If you want to stay under 400 dollars, then this will do the job for you.
- Record up to 1920 x 1080/60p Video
- Canon 3.28MP Full HD CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- Internal 16GB Flash Memory
- 57x Advanced Zoom & SuperRange O.I.S.
- Dual Recording in AVCHD & MP4 Formats
- Slow and Fast Motion Recording
Don’t let the price lead you to think that the image quality isn’t good. Even in the video test you will see that the image quality is more than enough to handle your needs. This cheap Sony camera packs a punch and it has great reviews on Amazon.
- 3-inch LCD display
- 8.9 megapixel still image; 30X Optical, 55X Extended Zoom
- Touch-screen Clear Photo LCD display
- 1920×1080 Full HD Recording
- Up to 3 hours of recording with 16GB embedded Flash Memory
The camera does get the job done. It offers great features, it is cheap, it is extremely easy to use, and it sounds great. I know Youtubers who use this camera. If you want the best quality possibly while staying under $300 then this is for you.
- 3.28 megapixel 1080p full HD CMOS sensor with DIGIC DV 4 image processor
- 57x advanced zoom and Super Range Optical Image Stabilizer
- 3-inch capacitive touch panel LCD offers fast, easy, intuitive controls
This beautiful camcorder is only recommended for those on an extreme budget. For its price it offers great quality. It is great for all ages and it can be used for many different situations.
- Records 720/30p and 480/60p Video
- 5MP CMOS Image Sensor
- 52x Optical Zoom f1.8 Lens by Schneider
- Uses SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards
- 2.7″ LCD Screen
I will help make the choice easier for you. I usually recommend the Canon VIXIA HF G20 for those who want an awesome camcorder, but it might be out of the price range for some people. If you want something cheaper, then check out the Panasonic HC-V770. I love their twin cameras.
- “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind
- I was always a filmmaker before I was anything else. If I was always anything, I was a storyteller, and it never really made much of a difference to me what medium I worked in.
– Nicholas Meyer
- Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you’re a director. Everything after that you’re just negotiating your budget and your fee.
– James Cameron