Are you wondering what are the best drones to buy? You have come to the right place. In this article, I will help you find the best long range drones.
Whatever you need one for whether it is for weddings, kids, beginners, education, real estate, transportation, agriculture, IPhones, racing, fishing, journalism, etc. there is a drone for everything.
I’ve reviewed the top ones and put them on the list from the most expensive to the cheapest estimated Amazon price. I guarantee that you will be able to purchase the right one for you today.
I encourage everyone to buy their drones at Amazon to save more money. Also, if you buy it from other places it might take 3 to 5 weeks to receive it while Amazon takes a few days. Let’s begin!
To make money: Drones are great for your business.
If you have a business such as a real estate business or blog then you can use a drone to take amazing pictures or videos for your clients to see. Drones are also great for a photography business. If you want a drone for your business they will definitely make you a lot of money in the long run.
To take amazing photos.
If you’re a passionate photographer there are photos that you can take with drones that you can’t take without them. You can capture awesome moments unlike ever before. Think about the spectacular sport moments that you can capture. Not only can it be used for photography, but in videography there are awesome angles that can be added to your movie or video that can only be taken by a drone.
For social media
In 2016 many Instagrammers, Twitter users, and Facebook users are using drones to make awesome selfies. There are many ways that you can add drones to your daily social media life. Even many Youtubers are using drones for their YouTube channel. You might have a camera for YouTube already, but YouTube drones are the next big thing for Youtubers.
Drones are extremely fun and working with them can be a great hobby. Flying a drone is an experience that everyone has to try. It’s something that can be done with the whole family.
DJI manufactures many products that we see today. This drone is very expensive, but if you want the top drone and money is not an option then this is the right one for you. No major assembly is required. This baby is ready to fly! I recommend this drone for professionals only.
- 4K MFT Camera with 3-Axis Gimbal
- 15mm f/1.7 Lens Included
- Up to 1.2 Mile Radio Range
- GPS-Based Stabilization System
- Live 720p HD Monitoring with Lightbridge
- 18 minute battery life.
You might be wondering what is the difference between the DJI Inspire Raw vs the Pro? The Pro comes with Zenmuse X5, but the Raw comes with, Zenmuse X5R, two controllers, and SSD. The X5R has the ability to capture RAW footage at an average bitrate of 1.7Gbps at 4096 x 2160. If you wanted to save $2000 then the Pro would be an awesome drone purchase.
This is an absolutely gorgeous drone. This drone was specifically designed for aerial photography and cinematography. It is designed to carry your DSLR. Great for heavy-duty payload work, agricultural ortho-imagery, hollywood movie production, and more.
- Low Gimbal Mounting with Dampening
- Retractable Landing Gear
- Supports A2 and WooKong-M FCs
- Redesigned Power Distribution
The name speaks for itself. If you want a drone for action sports, then look no further. AirDog automatically follows the rider. I have heard a lot of great things about the AirDog. One of the neat things about this drone is that it is foldable. With the AirDog you get the shot without taking away from the action. With this drone you will also receive AirLeash a wearable, waterproof controller.
- Multi-Sport Follow and Shoot Drone
- Fully Automatic, Ready-to-Fly Aircraft
- Bluetooth Range Up to 820′
- Changes Flight Mode Based on Activity
The Ghost is another unique looking quad that has a flying time of around 23-25 mins. This is a great quad for those who desire beautiful air videos.
- Intelligent power system provides battery capacity check and anti spark design.
- Matte black finish body shell with sleek scheme.
- Retractable landing skid provides better view of camera lens.
This DJI drone is a very popular one because of the price and the quality. For around $1000 you are getting a hi-quality professional drone. Many compare this with the DJI inspire drones which cost $1000 more. What I love about this drone is that it is cheap, easy to use, and it has some amazing features. For those who are seeking to save money, but want a powerful drone this would be my first choice.
- Top Speed of 44.7mph in Sport Mode
- Gimbal-Stabilized 4K / 12MP Camera
- Visual Sensor for Obstacle Avoidance
- Up to 32.8′ Vision Positioning Altitude
- Up to 28 Minutes Flying Time
- Visual Tracking of Moving Subject
The Phantom 4’s are easier and safer to fly than the Phantom 3’s, but the 3’s are great as well. If you can spend the extra money, then I would get the 4 for the extra upgrade in features, but once again the Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter gets the job done.
- Gimbal Stabilized 4K Camera
- Camera Takes 12MP Still Photos
- 720p HD App-Based Monitoring
- Up to 23 Minutes Flying Time
- Intelligent LiPo Flight Battery
- Auto-Takeoff / Auto Return Home
This is an easy to use drone for experienced and new flyers. The flight time is amazing and it operates great in the wind unlike some cheap drones. It comes with a CGO3-GB 4K Camera and a ST-10+ transmitter.
- Designed for Aerial Photo and Video
- Capture 4K/1080p120 Video + 12MP
- 5.5″ Touchscreen to View/Operate Camera
- Adjustable Flight Boundaries
- Included Battery Lasts up to 30 Minutes
You will be flying this plane in less than an hour after you open the box. If you are a photographer and you need a drone for under $700 then this is a good pickup.
- 55mph top speed
- Simple, intuitive controls
- Durable design
- Capture Aerial Photos/Video with a GoPro
- Return Home and “Safety Net” Modes
- One-Button Flying / “Pause” Button
I love the design of this drone. This is a great drone for beginners that will have you feeling like an expert in no time. It’s small, lightweight, tough, and the parts for this bad boy are cheap. For under $500 what more can you ask for?
- Capture 1080p Video and 14MP Photos
- Linux-Based Flight Computer
- 8GB of On-Board Flash Memory
- 3-Axis Sensor-Driven Image Stabilization
- Easy disassembly
- Records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality
Do not let the price or the mini size fool you. This is an extremely well-built and fast quad! Great for racers! If you’re into FPV then you will love this drone. Although it is cheap this might be a little too much to handle for beginners.
- 40-Channel 5.8 GHz Video Transmitter
- Flight Controller with Cleanflight
- 7 Total 32-Bit ARM CPUs
- Graphic OSD: Change Settings with Tx
- GoPro Mounting Option Available
This is the cheapest drone on the list, but this is a well-known drown that has received a lot of great reviews online. It is perfect for newbies who don’t want to spend over $300 on their first drone, but they still have an awesome drone. It’s extremely easy to operate, it gets great range, looks amazing, and it has great video quality. Once again don’t be deceived by the price this is not a toy, but this is great drone for both children and adults.
- GPS-Based Navigation System
- Headless Orientation Control Mode
- Automatic Return Home Failsafe
- Follow Me Function
- Self-Tightening Propellers
If I can only recommend two drones, then I will recommend the DJI Phantom 4 Quad. The features you are getting for around a thousand dollars are an absolute steal. I love the Phantom. The second drone is the Blade Chroma drone. If you can’t afford the Phantom and want to save $300 then this is another awesome drone for its price.
- “It’s a drone nation where everything and everyone is remotely controlled.”
- I think the greatest threat to the privacy of Americans is the drone, and the use of the drone and the very few regulations that are on it today, and the booming industry of commercial drones. Dianne Feinstein
- I’m a big advocate of drones. Robert M. Gates
- Drones can be a highly effective way of dealing with high-priority targets, but they should not become the drug of choice for an administration that is afraid to use successful, legal and safe tactics of the past. Jose Rodriguez