I will help you find the best microphone for YouTube today. You can have an awesome camera for your YouTube videos, but one of the things that you need to have a successful YouTube channel is a good mic.
I have exited out of videos because of the terrible audio and I am pretty sure that you and millions of other people have done the same thing as well. Whether you need a USB microphone, gaming microphone, etc.
This list will provide all that you need. For cheaper prices I recommend you buy all mics from Amazon. I have listed the prices from the highest estimated Amazon price to the lowest estimated price.
This is the first mic that I want to recommend because it has to be the best microphone I have ever used. Many of the top Youtubers are using this all around body microphone for their prank videos, interviews, short films, etc.
Lavalier microphones are extremely easy to hide and this one allows you to go a long distance while still offering amazing sound and no static. This mic is pricey, but it is worth it and it is easy to use. I used it for my Nikon DSLR, but it is also good for camcorders. If you are serious about YouTube and you need a great all around mic, then this might be exactly what you need.
This mic is fairly new, but it is making a lot of noise (in a good way of course). If you want professional quality without a buzzing noise it will give it to you and you are saving some money as well. It uses a digital signal transmitter. If this mic catches any interference it will switch channels for you, which is awesome.
It has a 2.4 GHz fixed frequency agile system. It is awesome for documentaries, weddings, movies, interviews, etc. Some of my favorite Youtubers are using this mic and they rave about the performance and that it doesn’t have static when shooting far shots. I personally love the Sennheiser, but the quality is really no difference at all. This would be a nice YouTube microphone.
3. ($270) Saramonic UWMIC10
This is a very good quality lav mic if used withing 13 yards. If you try to go past 13 yards, then the sound will drop. If you need a good lav mic for indoor use, then you can purchase this and save money. But once again if you need to go beyond 13 yards, then the Rode would be better for you.
- UHF Frequency Range: 614 MHz – 696 MHz
- Easy-to-read LCD displays
4. ($90) Azden WLX-PRO Lavalier System
This microphone is decent, but it is definitely not the best. I wouldn’t consider it professional quality. This is only recommend for people who desire a lav mic, but are on a really small budget.
Unlike the others this uses 9 volt batteries instead of AA batteries and it also has a cheaper build. Sometimes you might get noise depending on if there is interference and the battery life, but overall it’s decent. Once again this is only recommended as the last option for a lav mic.
5. ($280) Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun
This is a great professional mic for professional recording, outdoor events, amateur recording, home studio, etc. It looks beautiful and it does a great job in filtering out your background audio. If you want a shotgun mic, then this should definitely be the first mic that you choose.
6. ($200) Rode VideoMic Pro
I know a lot of Youtubers who are using this shotgun mic. It is great for the indoors and it is better for the outdoors than the lightweight version. The MKE 600 is the best when it comes to quality, but this still offers professional quality while you still save about $80. If you can’t afford the MKE then this is still a nice buy.
This is an amazing USB mic. It is one of the most popular ones in the world. You can’t go wrong with this mic. The 2020 allows you to do more with your voice than the Yeti. Overall it has better sound quality.
- 16-Bit Audio at 44.1/48 kHz Sample Rate
- Zero-Latency Monitoring
- High-Output Internal Headphone Amplifier
- Mix Control Blends Input with DAW Audio
- Off-Axis Rejection for Clean Recordings
- Mac and Windows Compatible
9. ($90) Blue Yeti
Most people already know about the Blue Yeti. It looks amazing and it produces awesome sound. This is actually the top selling microphone on Amazon. Is it the best? No. The AT2020 is clearly better, but if you want to save $30 then this is a good buy and the fact that many Youtubers are using it is saying something.
- 16-Bit/48 kHz Resolution
- 4 Selectable Polar Patterns
- 1/8″ Headphone Monitoring Jack
- Instant Mute
- Latency-Free Monitoring
- Desktop Stand
- USB Cable
- Mac & Windows Compatible
This is a very small and unique mic that has great reviews on Amazon. It is very portable although it can be used for desktops I would use it for laptops. It is great for Google hangout chatting and making Skype calls.
- Professional-Quality Sound
- Compact and Portable
- Good for Desktops or Laptops
- Mac and PC Compatible
This is a gorgeous plug and play mic. Does it offer the same quality as the first two mics? Of course not, but it does offer good quality for those on a small budget.
12. ($90) Zoom H1
This is a portable digital audio recorder, which is great for journalists and podcasters.
For those who need an all-around mic for everything and want to save a little money then choose the RodeLink mic. It does everything that you need.
- Despite all the technical improvements, it still boils down to a man or a woman and a microphone, playing music, sharing stories, talking about issues – communicating with an audience. Casey Kasem
- In voiceover, you have to restrain yourself when you’re acting in the sound booth in front of the microphone. If you lean left or you lean right, you’re going to lose the voice. Yet you yourself become animated when you’re doing the part. So you’ll see a lot of flailing arms, but a very still face.
- Man, if I get a chance to speak on the microphone, I’ve got to say something somewhere in there. You know, I’m going to laugh and have fun, too, but something has to be said that has some substance, because this is a platform, and the power that we have with words and with this microphone is phenomenal. Common