Let me help you find the best lighting for YouTube videos today. I’ve been there before so I know exactly how it is. You have your YouTube camera, you have your lens, now all that you are missing is a good YouTube lighting kit. There are so many lighting sets to choose from so for beginners it can be overwhelming.
Whether you were debating a softbox vs umbrella vs octabox vs ring light, etc. I will break down the top 5 for you. I strongly recommend for the cheapest price that you purchase all your video equipment from Amazon because other places are going to charge you $400+.
The first light that I recommend is the Stellar Ring Light. This is the ring light that is used by many of the top fashion and beauty Youtubers like Kandee Johnson who has over 3.5 million subscribers.
This ring light gives you a gorgeous light over your face when you’re filming. If you don’t want a big setup this is perfect for you. With a purchase of this ring light you will be receiving mounting hardware, 3200K and 5500K lamps, AC power cord, and a padded carry case. The only drawback is that this ring light is pricey, but it is worth it.
This is another great ring light that is great for low light settings. This ring light will help you save around $40, while still getting premium quality. With this purchase you are getting a 110-120VAC, 60Hz ring light with 5400K daylight bulb included.
If you want more than just a ring light this softbox kit is affordable while still performing at a high level. If you don’t mind setting up, softboxes offer greater flexibility.
Softboxes hit your target and they don’t spill out light in other directions like umbrellas do. If you want to save money and stay under the $150 price range I highly recommend this softbox.
- Two (2) 28″x20” Softbox Includes 10 bulbs
- One (1) Overhead boom stand hair light + bulb
- Ideal for portraits, studio, photography and video
- Set up in minutes to offer you a professional result.
This is another softbox 3 piece set. The other one is larger and offers better quality, but this is cheaper. This softbox is recommended for those who are on a smaller budget.
For only $120 you can buy this set and buy a macro ring light. This light has received great reviews from Amazon and I’ve seen Youtubers who use this lighting to get nice results.
- Three 16″X24″Softbox
- 3 x Lightstand 6′ tall (One Boom Arm with Sandbag)
- 3 x Light head able to hold 4 bulbs each
- 12 x 45 watt photo video flourescent bulbs 5500k Daylight Balance Bulbs
- Free Deluxe Carrying Case Included Able To Fit the Whole Kit In One Bag
This lighting kit comes with everything. This might be the best option for people who want a full studio set on a very small budget. Not only do you get the soft boxes, but you will get a black, white, and green screen with the stand.
If you plan on doing simple videos in your room this can be a little too much, but if you want to look like a professional and really have fun, then this can be a great buy.
- 2 x Backdrop Support Stands up to 8 ft height 10ft wide
- 2000 Watt Softbox Lighting Kit With hairlight
- Two Lightstand, Two x 4 light heads, 8x45watt bulb and two softbox 16″x24″ One Boom
- Stand with Arm And Sandbag One 16″x16″ softbox and one 105watt CFL bulb
- Three 6’x9′ Muslin backdrop in ( Black, White And Chromakey Green)
- Deluxe carrying case included
If you like simplicity, an easy setup, and great face shots then get the Steller ring light.
Buy Stellar Ring Light here – $270
If you want the full kit which includes 2 soft boxes and an overhead hair light then choose the StudioFX 2400.
Buy StudioFX 2400 here – $150
- Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.”
- What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time.”
- I believe in the photographer’s magic — the ability to stir the soul with light and shape and colour. To create grand visual moments out of small and simple things, and to infuse big and complicated subjects with unpretentious elegance. He respects classic disciplines, while at the same time insists on being fast, modern and wild. – Amyn Nasser
- “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” – Peter Lindbergh
- “I always wanted to be a photographer. I was fascinated with the materials. But I never dreamed I would be having this much fun. I imagined something much less elusive, much more mundane.” –Lee Friedlander