In this article I will be teaching you how easy it is to start a real estate blog or website. Have you read some real estate websites such as biggerpockets.com, trulia.com, and inman.com and now you’re determined to start your own?
It’s extremely easy and in a few months you can even be generating a good income with your blog.
All that you need to be successful is persistence. No persistent blogger has ever failed before. Let’s learn how you can start today.
Have you thought about a cool catchy name for your blog? Sometimes the name can even be your own personal name. When you have a good name for your new blog you are ready and below I will show you how to easily set up your site with WordPress. After the tutorial, I will give you tips for a better blogging experience.
- Click here to start SiteGround at 60% off.
- Make sure that you choose the $3.95 startup plan for the best price.
- Create a domain: This is a free bonus feature that you get for hosting with SiteGround.
- Setup your account.
- Don’t worry about the add-ons.
- Their preinstall wizard option automatically installs WordPress for you.
- Now create your log in info and remember it. Also choose any theme for now.
- You’re officially on the web and you’re a blogger.
There are many ways that you can use a real estate website to your advantage and make money. You can sell your own products or use your site to promote your brand/company. You can also sign up for various affiliate programs. Go online and type in real estate affiliate programs and you will find a plethora of them.
Mpactwealth offers 50% commission with up to $500 per sale. Finish line loans offers up to $1000 per completed customer. Even Zillow.com and ForSaleByOwner.com have an affiliate program that you can easily sign up for. Affiliate programs are all over the web. One of the best programs is Amazon.com
There are many ways that you can generate income from your blog. All you have to do is see what works best for your site. I also recommend selling ad space and using Adsense on your website. These are quick and fairly easy monetizing strategies.
Don’t be afraid to read other blogs in your niche. This will help you greatly in your growth process. When reading other blogs you will learn how to be a better blogger, you will receive more ideas, and also you can share with each other. You can reach out to get more readers to your blog and you can write for popular bloggers in your niche which will help with building a following.
Sign up with Aweber as soon as possible. If you have been reading about blogging for a while you will hear it’s all about the list. Building an email list is essential in blog growth. There is no greater platform that will bring readers to your blog faster than your email list.
If someone signs up to your newsletter that means that they want to hear what you have to offer. If you want to make a living with blogging, then you will need Aweber. You can easily promote your products to your subscribers and you can get to talk to them one-on-one.
Don’t miss out. Everyone regrets not starting an email list sooner. As soon as you are on the web I would install a newsletter plugin and sign up with Aweber and start sending emails immediately.
With WordPress you can choose from over 2000 free themes, but I never recommend free themes. If you go to Google and you type in real estate themes you will see many beautiful real estate themes from websites like themeforest.net and enginethemes.com.
For those looking for a theme my top recommendation is Genesis. With Genesis you get to have the top SEO theme in the industry. Why would I want this? You want it because your site will rank better on Google. Most top bloggers use Genesis for their blog.
There is no successful blogger that uses a blogger platform. Once you even think about using one of these free hosted sites such as Tumblr or WordPress (Free version) or Blogger you’ve already failed. You must use WordPress.org and have your own hosting. I’ve been blogging for years and I’ve heard a lot of stories where sites were shut down by the platform.
All their hard work went in to smoke. If you host your own site this will never happen. It is not wise or responsible for your brand to host on someone else’s servers. Also, with free hosted platforms you will not rank well. You are not given SEO plugins like Yoast. You can have a blog all that you want, but if no one can find it on Google or Bing, then there is no reason to have one. Also, you don’t want to have a free platform that uses your site for their advertisement.
- You always want to have your own hosting company.
- SiteGround offers a WordPress preinstall wizard. If you don’t know what this feature is this feature automatically installs WordPress for you. You will not have to stress yourself. With SiteGround it is a quick 5 minute set up process.
- Instead of having to pay money for a domain name every year you get a free one for life with SG.
- SiteGround is currently the fastest shared hosing company with plethora of speed features such as SSD drives, NGINX server speed, SuperCacher, free CloudFlare CDN, HTTP/2 enabled servers, PHP7 and HHVM. SG has a load response time of 300ms.
- SiteGround offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee and has the highest customer satisfaction rating among all hosting companies to back up their service.
- SiteGround offers 24/7 support. They have extremely fast live chat support, phone support, and email support. SiteGround goes above and beyond to host your site.
I already stated two ways to get people to your blog. Make sure that you create an email list with Aweber and the search engines of course. Now I want to remind you to use social media to your advantage.
Pinterest – Join a Pinterest group and get active on Pinterest. When I first started posting images on Pinterest I gained an extra 300 visitors a day. If you gained 300 visitors a day from Pinterest imagine if 20 became customers. There is a lot of profit on Pinterest and you will be able to start a friendship from Pinterest users in your community.
Facebook and Twitter – Both of these platforms might be old, but they are still powerful for getting your blog out there. Many of my readers are from Facebook groups. I have readers who came to my site from a post that was shared on social media. Use hashtags on your Twitter posts.
YouTube – YouTube is an awesome platform for agents or real estate bloggers. Talk about your struggles, give advice, help others, etc. When people need tips they often go to YouTube. You can easily get loyal readers from YouTube and at the same time you can generate income from Adsense on your YT account. Here are some real estate YouTubers Mike Ferry, Loida Velasquez, Susan Milner, Jessica Riffle Edwards, Borino B, Mark Ferguson.
These were just a few social media platforms. I recommend using all of them and see what works best for your company. Try out Google Plus+, Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Kik, Periscope, and any other social media platform that works good for you.
Plugins allow you to extend the functionality of your website. As soon as I enter into my dashboard I go to the plugins area to install my favorite plugins. You have over 30,000 powerful plugins to choose from with WordPress and they are free unlike other platforms.
A couple plugins that I always recommend to people are W3 Total Cache. This plugin greatly improves your website speed. I also recommend Yoast. Yoast is the top SEO plugin in the world. If you want to rank better than you need to have Yoast.
BePro Listings Real Estate – Real Estate & Property Directory plugin that works with any theme. Ideal solution for Property Managers & Agents
Real Estate Listings Plugin for Professionals – An All-in-One Real Estate Plugin Solution for Brokerages and Agents Integrated with a High Powered Real Estate CRM Solution.
WP-Property – WordPress Powered Real Estate and Property Management – Property and Real Estate Management Plugin for WordPress. Create a directory of real estate / rental properties and integrate them into you WordPress.
Showcase IDX Real Estate Search – A simple, beautiful real estate search plugin for your WordPress website, that’s both indexable and responsive.
What do I mean by this you ask? Make articles that will catch the eyes of your readers so people will click on it. For example, instead of making your title real estate success tips make it 10 real estate success tips!
Instead of making your title flipping houses make it how to easily flip houses with results. Make sure that your title catches the reader’s eye. Make sure that in your article you use paragraphs. You need page breaks.
Also you don’t need pictures, but having pictures does offer benefits for your readers and for the search engines. When you write think about the people who are reading your work don’t only think about yourself.
The best time to start a blog is today. You want to start ranking immediately. Don’t be afraid and remember to be patient. You’re not going to take over the internet overnight, but with dedication your plant will grow.
Blogging takes time to get used to, but when you have been persistent for a few months you will start seeing progress. Some new bloggers are making $5,000 a month after only 6 months of blogging. If you keep at it I guarantee that you will see results. Maybe you have a product that you want to get out into the world. Get it out there!
Now that you have read the tutorial and you have read my tips now it’s time to put your website on the web. All that you need is hosting.
Start SiteGround here and follow the steps above.
- Now, one thing I tell everyone is learn about real estate. Repeat after me: real estate provides the highest returns, the greatest values and the least risk. Armstrong Williams
- In the real estate business you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government, probably than any other profession that I know of. Johnny Isakson
- To be successful in real estate, you must always and consistently put your clients’ best interests first. When you do, your personal needs will be realized beyond your greatest expectations. Anthony Hitt
- “Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Every day, you’ll have opportunities to take chances and to work outside your safety net. Sure, it’s a lot easier to stay in your comfort zone… in my case, business suits and real estate… but sometimes you have to take risks. When the risks pay off, that’s when you reap the biggest rewards.” Donald Trump
- “Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “As long as you have more cash flowing in than flowing out, your investment is a good investment.” Robert Kiyosaki