Let’s find out which company is better for hosting between Namecheap vs SiteGround. After examining both web hosting companies, you will find that this is an easy choice. This is no competition at all and you will see that with this review. Below I have even added a tutorial to help you set up your website today.
- Namecheap is a well-known domain registrar, but they also offer budget hosting services.
- SiteGround is a popular web hosting company that hosts over 450,000 domains all around the world.
Let’s start at uptime because if your website doesn’t have a good uptime then, you are losing money.
NC has datacenters located in the USA and in the United Kingdom. Their redundant architecture provides a stable and resilient platform for their domain registration services and web hosting. Upon testing they have a monthly uptime of around 99.91-99.93%.
SG has server locations on three continents North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region and you can choose the closest one to your visitors to get the best website speed. Their data centers provide multiple failover options including multiple power feeds, own power generators and enterprise-class UPS technology. SiteGround is a leader in uptime performance. Upon testing SiteGround has a monthly uptime of 99.99%. SiteGround even displays their monthly uptime on their website, which is a great benefit.
In 2016 website speed matters. You need an effective web hosting company that will give you a fast page load response time.
- Namecheap has a server response time of around 560ms. This is not that bad, but it is not the best.
- SiteGroud has a server response time of around 300ms which is less than 200ms of Namecheap.
One of the great benefits of both companies is that they use cPanel as their control panel. cPanel has a few features that make your hosting life even easier. It is by far the easiest control panel to use and it offers a beautiful interface.
With Namecheap you will not be given a free domain upon sign up so you have to pay $10.69/yr for a domain name. With SiteGround you will get to create a domain name for free. This domain is going to be free for life.
Namecheap has 4 plans to accommodate your needs.
They have a $9.88/yr plan, $19.88/yr plan, $29.88/yr, and a $19.88/mo plan. These are very cheap and attractive prices for hosting. I must remind you that they are lacking in many features that all site owners should desire, but once again their plans are cheap.
SiteGround also has attractive prices. With SiteGround you can host your website for $3.95/mo, which is a great price for all the incredible features that you are getting.
There is a huge difference when you’re setting up your website with SiteGround and when you’re setting up with other hosting companies. With SiteGround the setup time is faster because of their WordPress preinstall wizard which automatically installs WordPress for you.
- cPanel control panel as standard.
- The shared infrastructure M1000 blade
- Every component is fully redundant from power supply to network card to the high-speed SAN delivering unparalleled uptime.
- SSD-Accelerated Disk Space
- Standard backups daily
- CloudFlare Ready
- Dedicated IP(s) $24.00/year
- FTP Users
- 14 days money back guarantee
- Total security as standard.
- Spam protection tool.
- Virus Scanner
- SuperCacher level 1, level 2, level 3
- HTTP/2 enabled servers for faster loading times.
- Free CDN for faster site speed.
- Full SSD Storage
- Customized Server Setup
- Customized CentOS and a mixture of Apache and NGINX web server technologies.
- 30 Days Money Back
- Unlimited MySQL DB
- Free Drag & Drop Builder
- Unlimited data transfers for all plans
- LXC-based stability
- Anti-Hack Systems & Help
- SPAM Experts Spam Prevention
- Free Daily Backup
- Proactive updates and patches
- Unique Account Isolation
Namecheap does not offer phone support, which is a big issue for me. This is a big issue because if your site goes down for any reason you want to be able to talk to your hosting company to get the issue resolved immediately.
Their support strengths are 24/7 live chat, which is not bad at all. Their live chat team will help you with any problems that you might have. They also have ticket support and a large knowledge-base to help their users. Their customers are also given a small forum to help with anything that they might need.
SiteGround has the faster live chat response time between the two and just like Namecheap it is open 24/7. Unlike Namecheap you will also be given 24/7 phone support, which is very beneficial to your website. Other support features include ticket support, tutorials, webinars, and a setup wizard. One unique thing that they do is go around the world to meet up with their customers. Check and see if they are coming to a city near you,
The clear better hosting company is SiteGround. Namecheap was built for domains. It was not built to host websites. If you want a hosting company than choose SG a real hosting company. It offers more features, better uptime performance, faster speed, better support, and it has a better customer satisfaction rating.
Create your site in 5 minutes today: Here is a quick tutorial.
- Start here with SiteGround at 60% off.
- Click see plans, choose the $3.95 plan, create a domain name, and add your info.
- Let the WordPress preinstall wizard finish the job.
- Set up your login info and log in. Done!